6/28/11

It's L.A. Time!!! #3

      The weekend has passed but I won't let  this week pass without an L.A. time! What has Chef Manolo got for us this time? :)



       Ok, today i actually let some of you know i was coming to this place tonight, so i dont feel that bad about coming. Wurstkuche in the art distict of DT LA. I had the Rattlesnake & Rabbit with Jalapeño peppers sauage! I picked caramelized onions and spicy peppers as my toppings (on the side). La Trappe, trappist quadruple beer and a St. Bernardus ABT 12. My friend had the Rabbit, Veal & Pork seasoned with white wine. She had the same toppings i did but on top :)


     We shared an order of their large double dipped belgian fries with the curry ketchup and chipotle aoili as our sauces. As soon as we walked through the doors we were asked if we had a menu and if we're ready to start ordering drinks. I ordered my La Trappe first, it was very good and had this sweet after taste and it was one of the ones with the higher alcohol percentage :) <3

     Ten minutes after i got my beer we finally got to the where you order your food. The guy was awesomely nice, cant remember his name though he helped me with my beer/hot dog pairing and helped me pick the best toppings and sauces. We got our food about 15 minutes after we ordered it and sat down.
It did not disappoint!!!

     My bratwurst tasted like nothing i have ever had before, like straight out of the jungle?? It was meaty, buttery, spicy and just plain good..sooo good. There was soo much meatiness, but it was undescribable. I was in heaven. I felt the butteriness of the sausage in my mouth for a bit after my last bite I have no explanation for it yet. This has to be the best one here.

     I had my toppings on the side, so i piled a bit with every bite. My favorite mustard was their whole grain mustard..soooo good! Each bite was a little bite of heaven going into my mind.

     My friends sausage was a little too dry, maybe that's why they add the wine to the sausage. She added tons of ketchup so i really cannot describe it... FRIES- HOLY SH**!! white truffle oil glaze, double dipped fries! They are more like wedges, a little crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, perfectly seasoned. Curry ketchup was exactly that, perfectly balanced. No overpowering from either the curry, or the ketchup. PERFECTION.

     Chipote Aoili was alright, just alright... I ordered my second beer halfway through my hot dog and it was a little malty but sat so well with the heaviness of the food.

I would totally come back to this place at least twice a month :)


 Babe for Food
your new BFF in Cebu dining!
 

2 comments:

  1. wait, i'm a little confused and salivating...is this downtown la? or cebu? i have to try everything you mentioned, sounds sooo good. i was laughing about the sausage tasting like the jungle! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for reading my blog! My L.A. time entries feature my L.A. chef correspondent so everything in posts like these are only in L.A. This one here is in downtown L.A. :)

    ReplyDelete