11/15/11

Quick Fix

Lookey what I found in the freezer! 

I made a batch of this spinach cream cheese dip a few months ago and kept it in the freezer portioned in ramekins. When I couldn't have anything else to eat for dinner today, I rummaged through the freezer and found this! Perfect!

I just popped it in the microwave for 2 mins. and toasted some sliced wheat baguette to pair. Voila! My quick fix. :D

This dip is really easy to make and is usually taken as appetizer or snacks. Unfortunately, I don't really write down my recipes because I usually just get right to what my head is thinking; but I'll try to get the right measurements for you. :)

Spinach Cream Cheese Dip

2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 pc white onion, chopped
250 g spinach
50 g mozarella/quickmelt
1 cup cream cheese
50 ml fresh milk
parmesan cheese, grated (your preferred amount. don't scrimp!)
salt
black pepper, freshly cracked


Directions:


1. Blanch spinach in salted boiling water for 15 seconds to retain bright green color then shock in water with ice. Squeeze out excess water and roughly chop. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in pan and saute chopped garlic and onion. Add spinach and remaining ingredients. Keep on medium heat while stirring constantly until you reach a thicker consistency or when the mixture coats the back of a spoon. 
3. Season with salt and pepper.


Tips:


* You can also add fresh mushrooms to this dip for an added texture and flavor. Just saute with garlic and onion.
* To use as a sauce, just add more milk to make a thinner consistency. Great for grilled seafood and meat. 
* You can rub a clove of fresh garlic on your sliced baguette right after toasting for a kick. :) 


Hope you guys like this! And do tell me if you tried it and what you think. Just email me at justinnego@gmail.com or comment on this post.


Have a great weekend! :D




Babe For Food
your new BFF in Cebu dining! :)

2 comments:

  1. Delicious quick fix! Will check my fridge now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stumbling on my blog, Dave. Will contact you when I have more time. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete