The long wait is finally over, Cebu! The largest buffet restaurant in the country is opening its doors on May 10, Tuesday at SM City Cebu.
Vikings Luxury Buffet offers you a buffet dining experience parallel to hotel buffet standards—a buffet that does not sacrifice quality for quantity. Something to note about Vikings is also that each branch is unique owing to different interior designs and special dishes inspired from its locations.
The design in Cebu City is sleek and modern with a generous aisle space for optimal convenience in navigating your way around. It also allows for an easy eagle's eye view of the whole spread so you can easily locate the stations you want to go to.
|With KTG and blogger friends with the Manila chefs of Vikings and Ms. Raquel Bartolome, Marketing of Vikings|
|With some of the beauties from KTG, Jill Bantang of thefoodscout.net and Yen Dreyfus of thetummytraveler.ph|
I had the privilege of being among the first to taste the dishes that Vikings Cebu would be offering thanks to my KTG family and dear friend, Richie Zamora of The Pickiest Eater. So, here’s a little sneak peek of some dishes to expect at the buffet…
|Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Bone Marrow and Truffle|
At our first dish, I could already imply that Vikings values a good first impression. I absolutely loved the rich yet perfectly balanced soup. The unmistakable aroma of truffle was already seducing me even before I could take a sip of the soup. It was just so indulging, all flavors in perfect harmony, nothing overpowering. This definitely got me excited for the next dishes.
Even the beverages are not your regular juices. I particularly loved this Strawberry Lemonade that had the fresh scent of lemon with a tart-sweet strawberry flavor.
|Thai Pomelo Salad|
|Mixed Green Salad with Fried Cheese in Mango Citrus Vinaigrette|
|Vodka Citrus Cured Salmon|
salmon cured for 2 days in vodka, lemon, lime, orange & dill
|Cajun Potato with Pizza Dip|
avocado, salmon, cream cheese, shrimp tempura
Oh yes, we were bombarded with excellent appetizers and salads!
The Thai Pomelo Salad was refreshing and had a nice kick of spice.
The Mixed Green Salad was tossed in just the right amount of dressing.
The Vodka Citrus Cured Salmon was so light and fresh and I was surprised that it wasn't as salty as most cured salmon I've tried before.
The trio of cajun potato chip, onion ring and nacho with pizza dip would make a perfect beer match. The pizza dip was a special blend of cheese in tomato sauce.
And, of course, I almost couldn't stop popping those Dragon Sushi in my mouth. So good!
My favorites would have to be the Thai Pomelo Salad, Vodka Cured Salmon and Dragon Sushi.
|Pork, Chicken and Beef Souvlaki|
|Bay Area Style Seafood Cioppino|
|Chicken Ballotine with Walnut Cream Sauce|
deboned chicken thigh and breast stuffed with mirepoix and cooked through sous vide
|Duo of Beef Finger and Tenderloin with Buttered Vegetables, Parmesan Mashed Potato and Mushroom Sauce|
|Eat like a viking!|
As the main course arrived, it was time to eat like a Viking. The Bay Area Style Seafood Cioppino was braised in its own juices and was instantly the crowd favorite. I personally enjoyed the Duo of Beef Finger and Tenderloin, which represented one of the dishes to be featured at the carving station. It was flavorful, fall-off-the bone tender and juicy. The fresh Santan flowers were also an elegant touch to this dish.
|Chocolate Lava Cake, Creme Brulee, Duhat Cheesecake|
The beautiful dessert was a lovely cap-off for the meal. The chocolate lava was the epitome of comfort with the oozing chocolate as I scooped into the cake and the unusual marriage of warmth and cold in the mouth as I ate the cake with some ice cream. The creme brulee in eggshell seemed to be the highlight of the dessert, a modern and elegant take on this classic French dessert. The Duhat cheesecake is for tart dessert lovers, giving a pleasant tartness and play of textures and flavors with the chocolate cookie crust and candied rind clusters.
So, I'm sure you're all the more excited for the opening of Vikings. There's even more good news as they will be having a discount promo and costume contest that gives you a chance to win gift certificates from May 10-12! Read on to find out the details.
1) From May 10 - May 12, guest who dresses up like a Viking will automatically get a 50% discount on their individual bill.
2) Example requirements to qualify for the 50% discount: Vikings Helmet, Vikings Sword & Shield, Vikings Cape, Vikings Outfit, OR a full on Vikings costume.
3) Each qualified guest will receive a discount coupon when seated; this coupon will be used to claim the 50% off discount.
4) Coupons received on the day must be consumed also within the day and time chosen (lunch or dinner). Coupons cannot be saved and used for a different day.
5) Guests availing the discount must be dressed like a Viking at all times until upon seating.
6) If reservations are full, guests may choose to come in as "walk-in" guests for the discount; subject to table availability. Guests may come at their most convenient time to have their names listed on the "walk-in" list for lunch or dinner. Lunch operation starts at 11:00 am, while dinner starts at 5:30 pm.
7) Lost coupons will not be replaced.
8) Discount is applicable on a per pax/individual basis.
9) This promo can't be used in conjunction with other in-house promotions or discounts.
10) This promo only available in Vikings Cebu.
11) This promo is valid from May 10 - 12, 2016.
12) Guests who has the best "Vikings-look" will win 2 weekday lunch Vikings Gift Certificates. One winner will be chosen every lunch and dinner. Guests will be judged before entering the store and prize will be given once inside the store.
13) Guests who doesn't wish to dress like a Viking will automatically receive a 20% discount instead.
*This promo is open to reservation and walk-in guests.
Thanks for the preview, Vikings! I had so much fun enjoying the food with some of my favorite foodies from KTG. I'll definitely be back.
See you there, piggies!
Vikings Luxury Buffet
2/F North Wing, SM City Cebu
(beside Forever 21)
Price: P688 lunch, weekdays
P888 dinner, weekends & holidays
Contact: (032) 255 4888
Facebook: Vikings SM City Cebu