9/28/11

Back in the Heat

Hey, foodies!

    Today is my practical final exams for my major, ND 101; ND for Nutrition and Dietetics. I'm quite nervous because it's the first time I'll be preparing a complete meal alone since 4 months but I'm somehow excited to see if I can pull it off. We love challenges, don't we? 

     The exam requires a preparation of a starch, a vegetable/salad, main course and dessert. I thought of doing either Japanese or Thai but after getting some great advice from Chef Lawrence Zafra, I stuck with Japanese. And just so you know, preparing Japanese is also a first for me. I'm supposedly more comfy doing Italian but this time, I wanted to try something new. I wanted to try making California Maki, my fave sushi roll but I think my dessert is quite complicated so I opted for fried rice instead. I just wanna have fun and I also wanted to use up stuff that I already had at home in the freezer so I could save up a bit. I won't be preparing something so gourmet but I want to keep it simple yet BIG on the taste and quality. I hope I get to execute everything well.

Here's a sneak peek of what I'll be preparing:    
  • Crispy Kani and Cucumber Salad with Wasabi Mayo
  • Gomoku Chahan (Japanese Fried Rice)
  • Chicken Teriyaki
  • Azuki Balls in Mango Soup
I'll be posting pics soon as I get this over with. ;)

Pray for me! Thanks! Hope I make ya'll proud. Heehee!


Babe for Food -
your new BFF in Cebu dining! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment