9/29/11

The 2-Hour Rush

Hello, foodies!

     My finals practical exam was really a tense, grueling 2 hrs for me. From the marketing to the actual preparation, I was beat up mentally and physically. I think I carried the least a 20-kg bag full of groceries for the battle and mind you, our kitchen lab is all the way up the 5th floor. We had to wash all our utensils and equipment ourselves before using them and after cooking, we had to wash all these again and clean our tables. The regular class schedule for this is 1:30-4:30 p.m. but our instructor told us to present our dish by 4 pm of which 30 mins had already been consumed from dishwashing. I was able to present my dish a little past 4 and I finished cleaning up at 6! It was so relieving getting it over with. 

As promised, I took some pics of my work... Well, I hope it's enough to spur your taste buds' imagination. :)


crispy kani and cucumber salad with wasabi mayo, chicken teriyaki and gomoku chahan
Azuki Balls in Mango Tapioca Soup
Crispy Kani and Cucumber Salad with Wasabi Mayo



Ms. Girlie Libato - our adviser, teacher and judge
One of my classmates' work. Impressive!


I literally cooked up a storm. :>
    The most exciting part for me was making the Azuki balls. As I was making these, Chef Lawrence was the first "thing" to come to mind. He taught me this and I miss making these with him! I used lite coconut milk instead of water to make the dough. I love the smell and flavor of coco milk! :)

    I wasn't able to take as much pics as I wish I could've because I was STRESSED but I was impressed with my classmates' dishes, too. Most of them did a great job for beginners! 

CONGRATULATIONS to the first batch of the practical exams! And God bless the rest. :D 

     I wasn't so happy with my plating but I offer all my efforts and accomplishments to God. Thank You, Lord, for being with me all the way! I would've been more of the mess than I was if it weren't for You. :D

    This day really inspired me to get cookin again. I hope I do get to spend more time in my playground again these days. :)




- Babe for Food - 
your new BFF in Cebu dining! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment