1/3/12

Cebu Secret Chows: A Sweet Spot

Hey hey, BFF's! :)

It's been a while since I've written about food huh? Let's start the year right then. I miss writing about my food adventures anyway. 

I have a lot of catching up to do because I've been caught up with school and the Christmas break so I'm sorry if I'm doing backlogs. But anyways, I hope you'd still enjoy them. I'll do my best to make it up to you. :)

The weekend before my last week of classes for 2011, I already felt the jest of the Christmas break even if I had exams to study for the final week. My culinary friend Pinky was leaving for Egypt to be with her husband by the end of the month (December) so she wanted to hang out with her close friends (me, JJ and Tanya). 

This was the same night of the Best Cebu Blog Awards so I had already taken my dinner. They had theirs at the new branch of Taiwan Shabu Shabu located near Parklane Hotel at Escario. The resto was quite clean, spacious and sleek. I haven't been to their original branch at A.S Fortuna St. although they say the new branch looks cleaner and more inviting. Though I had taken my dinner, they still invited me to join them so I did just to taste the food. I liked the broth and I found out that their sets were actually affordable. They paid a total of around P 1,300 and I think the serving was good for 6 people! I'd love to go back for my take on that resto. Let's just save that for another post, shall we?

While we were having dinner, I noticed a tiny new cafe right outside the resto, beside the stairs of the building. I checked it out and found that it was a cafe that had just opened for 3 weeks (that was then so it's been open for almost 2 months now) and offered CBTL (Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf) coffee and their own homemade cupcakes as the only pastries to pair with. The name of this cute cafe is SLT (Sweet Little Things).

Chatting with the owners, a young couple, I learned that the wife started out as a  homebaker and they just decided to open their own little outlet mainly for takeout. They claim that their cupcakes are unique because they don't scrimp on quality frosting ingredients. Their top selling flavor is their flourless mudpie.

We proceeded to this cafe after dinner. JJ treated us to 5 flavors. We all loved the flourless mudpie and the others were not far behind either. They definitely weren't lying about their quality frostings. I can say that that was the best red velvet cupcake I've tasted so far. Not too sweet, just the right richness and moist. Their cupcakes were only at P 50 each and P298 for a box of 6; definitely worth every penny! All the cupcakes were to die for. Satisfaction in every bite! :D
luscious selections
pinky, tanya, me, jj
the owner was nice to offer to take our photo :)
from bottom clockwise: red velvet, flourless mudpie, monkey business, lemon poppyseed, cookies n cream
ravaged! :D
star of the night <3
reminiscent of La Marea's warm brownie cup, cupcake version! 

XOXO
Babe For Food
- your BFF in Cebu dining! :)

5 comments:

  1. It's 330PM (snacktime for me) and I am drooling while looking at the photos of the cupcakes :-P~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. It always looks and sounds funny when guys adore cupcakes. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes look sinfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. babe! i miss you a lot! haven't seen you around lately :( we have to catch up soon ha!


    xx
    eden

    ps everything lookslike its going to kill my diet!

    ReplyDelete