4/25/12

Bon Appetea!

       One of the few things that Denise and I have in common is our fondness for milk tea. Our favorite is Cobo. But with all the tea cafe's sprouting everywhere, there's always somewhere new to try. One of the first few I've noticed was Bon Appetea at Apas, Lahug and now they've branched out nearby Ayala. The latter, we visited. 
Bring on the girlfriends!
from left: Athena, Ericka, Denise and the Babe :D
(photo by: Denise Libi)
They don't offer sweetness level options but what's different in their menu is that they offer Yakult Teas! I'm not much of a fan of Yakult but this sure is interesting. Especially that they come in yummy fruity flavors - lemon, passion fruit, blueberry and mango. :)           
 This was a really cute, cozy place. I loved the interiors and the furnishings. As you can notice from the pic above, it is ideal for couples/lovers and students on a group study. This place is so cool, you can even plug in your own music as long as the speakers are free. Just bring your own mp3/ipod/whatever and own the place with your music. ;)
They also have a message board on the wall for you to leave your sweet nothings, traces of your visit, or share your Bon Appetea experience. :D
At the message board :D
with our Nirvana's :D
I liked that their milk tea choices had unique and interesting names. We all got Nirvana - Assam Black Tea and Wintermelon, their best seller. It was good but since there was no option for sweetness level, I found this too sweet (I'm a sweet tooth in the sense that I look forward to dessert most but I'm no sugar beast). I wanna try their other milk tea concoctions though. They all seem to have a more European (I guess thus, Bon Appetea) twist to their drinks compared to Cobo which is very Asian. And I loved that a lot of their drinks are fruity. :D

Looks like this is a new cool place to hang out late nights because they're open 7 days a week from 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m! OZZUMMM. Milk tea <3 !
like them on facebook!
Cool tip: If you grab one of their flyers, you get P20 off on any large drink! How's that for a perk? :D


Price range: P60-P100


Operating Hours: 
Mon - Sun   9:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m


Bon Appetea
JD Palma Building, beside Grand Cenia Hotel
Arch. Reyes Corner Apitong, Lahug
&
Salinas, Lahug (in front of USP)




To know Cebu, eat Cebu! :D


xoxo,
Babe for Food
- your BFF in Cebu dining! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaaccckkk! Milk tea everywhere!! You think it will die like froyo???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I don't think froyo has died though it's still competing with gelatissimo and soda floats. :))

      As for milk tea, it's a revolution to a different kind of cafe, not having the usual pastries along with the beverage because the beverage itself is like dessert. ;)

      I don't think milk tea will die down that easily. :D

      Delete
  2. I need to create a marketing plan about milk tea. This has been a huge help. :)

    ReplyDelete