9/14/12

The Pizza of My Childhood

             I fondly remember Greenwich as the first pizza that caught my heart during my childhood because Dad loved it. I think it was the precursor for my preference for thin crust pizza. The first flavor I loved was Hawaiian (ham, pineapple and cheese). :D

             Last month, Doyzkie of iluvcebu.com and doyzkie.com invited me to dinner at Greenwich along with his brothers Edd and Reymond, and the perky Angeli of foodiecraft.com. Every meal with this bunch is always an eating spree. 

            It's been a while since I've had some Greenwich so I was excited about this dinner. We had the Greenwich Special Overload Pizza which is probably the dream pizza of typical Filipinos. It had everything you could imagine on a pizza, from vegetables to meat, like it was a combination of all the pizza varieties offered in Greenwich. This fastfood is radical with their crust because they make it fresh, being crisp on the outside and soft and chewy inside. Mmm. Each bite was nostalgic of my childhood days. 


Can I be the next Anne Curtis? :p

               A new addition to the menu was the notorious Crispy Glazed Chicken that I've noticed people raving about lately on Twitter. We had to try this. The skin was crisp even with the sweet and mildly spicy glaze that could make you order an extra rice with the meal. Barging through that tasty protective covering with my first bite, I discovered a juicy and distinctly marinated flesh. This was certainly a different fried chicken I've ever tasted and one of those kinds that get you craving. 

Crispy Glazed Chicken meal   P79

        You could have a barkada bucket for yourself if you're that hungry (why not?) or share it with your friends and family if you want an affordable tasty meal. ;)



              The tall box of crispy, lightly flavored crinkle fries could be a perfect sidekick to your Crispy Glazed Chicken meal, too. It comes with a tangy salsa-like sauce. :D


         After every meal, I always gotta finish on a sweet note -- dessert! We had frozen delights in cookies and cream and caramel. :D


                 Having devoured all that, we earned our citizenship to Greenwich's discount card! The Utimate Green Card is your access to overloaded rewards! You can get this for only P199 and this entitles you to benefits like: 


  • 10% discount for dine-in and take-out orders
  • Buy 1 Take 1 pizza
            When you order a 12" Barkada  Size or 15" Party Size pizza with a 1.5 Liter Coke
  • exclusive treats
             Enjoy as much as P1,000 discount on Barkada Treat coupons             


officially a greencard holder! :D

            With the green card, I can have as much pizza and crispy chicken I want, anywhere, anytime. Awesome! :D

Follow them on Twitter: @greenwichpizza


oink oink,

Babe for Food
- your BFF in Cebu dining! :)

7 comments:

  1. waaaaaaaah! i keep coming back to greenwich too! i forgot to get the glazed chicken the last time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost dinner and this is making me really hungry. Oh, and I should try that glazed chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. It's a good meal. The glazed chicken is really worth it! :D

      Delete
  3. Awesome post BFF! You're now a Greenwich Citizen!

    ReplyDelete